Encourage the Interchange of Ideas
- Participated in a State-Wide Minority Leadership Conference
- Participated in the NBA Region V Joint CLE and Judges’ Conference
- Sponsored of an Election Celebration honoring our first African-American President of the United States of America, President Barack Obama
- Co-sponsored of a forum discussing the change in leadership in the White House and the associated effects on the legal and social climate
Promote Legal Scholarship
- Established the Marshall-Brennan Project in conjunction with the Southern University Law Center
- Sponsored and participated in the Marshall-Brennan Moot Court Competition
- Provided sponsorship for students competing in the M.L.K. Drum Major for Justice Competition
- Awarded scholarships to law school students
Advance the Science of Jurisprudence and Promote the Administration of Justice
- Contributed to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Legal Defense Fund
- Became active participants in the Election Protection efforts for Baton Rouge and its surrounding areas
- Re-instituted the organization’s pro bono program
Uphold the Order and Ethics of the Courts and the Profession of Law and Promote the Welfare of the Legal Profession in Louisiana
- Hosted judicial forums for candidates running for District Court Judge, District Attorney, and Juvenile Court Judge, in an effort to continue to elect professionals that will serve and honestly represent our community and the ideals for which we believe.
- Inclusion in and access to the Louis A. Martinet Society mailing list and phone list. Our mailing list is the most comprehensive list of African American attorneys in the Greater Baton Rouge Area with over 200 attorneys.
- Receipt of weekly Newsletter from the Louis A. Martinet Society. By having access to weekly updates, our members are able to stay updated about chapter meetings and events as well as upcoming CLE’s and networking opportunities.
- Inclusion in and access to the Louis A. Martinet Society Website Directory Listing. Access to this list enables our members the ability to share in an unprecedented knowledge pool with local attorneys in the Greater Baton Rouge Area.
- Through several of our Committees, members are provided opportunities to participate in pro bono legal clinics and other volunteer community outreach efforts throughout Baton Rouge area schools and the community.
- Ability to attend Louis A. Martinet Society monthly meetings and cast votes on chapter business. Each member of the Louis A. Martinet Society has a voice and is encouraged to help shape the direction of our organization by offering insightful ideas during our meetings.
- Ability to join National Bar Association as affiliate member. The National Bar Association is the oldest association of attorneys of color. Martinet members are afforded the opportunity to network with attorneys across the Nation, attend NBA conferences, seminars, CLE’s, receptions and a host of other events.
- Free CLE opportunities.